Preparing for your departure in a campervan is not always easy. So we have prepared a list for you with the top 10 van essentials for going on vacation in a camper van!
Objects that make everyday life easier
- A phone holder: to follow the indications of the GPS, it is more practical.
- A first aid kit: for the little everyday ailments that happen when you don’t have a pharmacy within easy reach.
- Toilet paper: the essential that we always forget and if it’s organic it’s better. In any case, we never leave it in the wild!
- A flashlight: for night outings, to try to get up discreetly without waking everyone (at the same time in a van you get up with the sun!). The ideal: a frontal
- USB adapters: Vans are equipped with a USB socket at the front, often with an extra cigarette lighter but it can be very practical to charge both the phone which does its job of GPS and the one which entertains the passenger or send the music.
- A Swiss army knife: Useful for everything…and anything!
- A hot water bottle: to help warm the bed on winter nights. Of course most ranges of vans are equipped with stationary heating at VAN-IT even by -15° outside it will be hot inside!
For more entertainment
- A good book: you still have to plan what to do in the van in case of rain for example! It’s also a great way to relax and disconnect during your vacation rather than staying on your phone.
- A portable speaker: what’s a road trip without music? It may seem silly but remember to bring the charger of your speaker because forgetting is fatal…
- Board games: we take advantage of the fact of not having a TV to spend a friendly moment with a little board game.
Impeccable hygiene in a van
- Mosquito repellent: important for summer evenings in the van. Note that Volkswagen Californias are equipped with mosquito nets on the pop-up roof tent. Ford Nuggets also have them on the roof tent as well as on the side door opening.
- Sunscreen and if it’s biodegradable, even better!
- The classics: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant (for the green side, choose solid products without plastic packaging, see our article Eco-responsible gestures).
- A hand sanitizer, always very practical.