A stay in a van is synonymous with freedom, adventure and discovery, all in harmony with nature. VAN-IT shares here some tips to limit your carbon footprint, adopt eco-responsible actions and opt for an eco-responsible road trip.
Respect the environment
During the different stages of your road trip, you must:
- Be careful not to be in a private space or a protected place
- Respect the calm, nature, fauna and flora
- Leave the place where you parked clean
- Empty your dirty water and your chemical toilet in the places provided for this purpose
For soap, dishwashing liquid, shampoo and shower gel, opt for natural products:
- Prefer cold soaps, black soap or Marseille soap without toxic components
- Don’t take lakes and rivers for a sink, even with natural products that can disrupt ecosystems.
Another objective: zero waste. For this, VAN-IT comes back to some advice:
- Above all, avoid plastic and disposable.
- Crockery: opt for the reusable version (cup, plate, cutlery, glass) and why not your everyday crockery that you will take in the van…
- Bottles of water can be swapped for a water bottle.
No waste should be left in nature after your visit.
Take full advantage of your stay to discover local specialties and thus encourage local trade.
There are also a few things not to do such as:
- Do not disturb locals
- Do not stay more than 24 hours in the same place
- Do not drain in nature
- Do not make fires
Reduce your water consumption
When you leave, you have a water supply. It is therefore preferable to limit its consumption. To do this, monitor the duration of your showers, cooking and washing up.
Adopt these few reflexes to reduce your carbon footprint as much as possible throughout your stay.