Do you want to rent or buy a converted vehicle, but have trouble distinguishing between a van, a van and a motorhome? We know that finding a campervan that meets your needs is not easy. But, this article is written to guide you in your choice! You will discover the characteristics of a motorhome, a converted van and a converted van as well as the list of the strong points of each converted vehicle. Where to buy or rent a converted vehicle?
The converted van
It is a compact and small converted vehicle. It is about 5m long, but no more than 2m high. Therefore, it is a class 1 vehicle like an ordinary car. When we talk about a campervan, the idea that comes to mind is the freedom to be able to travel anywhere. It provides driving comfort and well-being during your stays or holidays.
The strengths of the campervan
● A campervan is compact. It ranks among the classic category 1 vehicles during tolls, which is its main difference compared to a motorhome and a camper van.
● The height is less than 2m and is suitable for some parking lots or passages with a limited height.
● Some models are equipped with an opening roof;
● Its driving is easy.
● It consumes less fuel than a motorhome or campervan.
● Depending on the model, the camper van is perfect for a trip of 2 to 4 people.
The converted truck
This is a converted vehicle model, larger than a van. Its length is about 6 m. This van is in a way a utility vehicle fitted out so that it has the necessary qualities to be inhabited. Its storage spaces are therefore more important than a van.
The advantages of the converted truck
Its height exceeds 2 m. This way you can stand on it. It is equipped with a shower and toilet, which is its main difference with a camper van. A campervan seems more comfortable than a campervan if you have to be away for a long time or if you want more comfort. Here are the highlights of the fitted van:
● Large water storage capacity (about 110 liters);
● larger refrigerator capacity (usually about 70 liters);
● a converted van is generally equipped with a shower and toilets;
● it has more storage space compared to a van;
● His driving is fluid;
● It is suitable for four people (two children and two adults) depending on the model.
The motorhome is a model of recreational vehicle. Its construction is carried out from a utility frame to which a living cell has been assembled. As far as motorhomes are concerned, their interior is fitted out and their utilitarian bodywork is retained. They are among the largest converted vehicles: they are about 7 m long. In addition, they provide more comfort and have an indoor shower, toilet and more sleeping places. Here are the advantages of the motorhome:
● A real recreational vehicle;
● the motorhome is the most comfortable of the converted vehicles, designed to provide optimal comfort;
● Lots of storage space;
● a very large living space;
● a large water storage capacity;
● good insulation;
● toilet and shower;
● more bedding and places to sit;
● Its refrigerator has a larger capacity than the campervan and motorhome.
Why rent or buy a van?
First, you can move freely and discover many places. You don’t need to book a hotel and pay catering costs. You can travel, sleep wherever and whenever you want. In fact, the van is your house, your kitchen and your bed all in one. Enjoy many panoramas by van. Just stop in the middle of the mountains, by the sea, in front of a river and spread out the chairs and the table to settle down. Renting a van is an economical vacation formula. You only pay the rental price, then you will be completely independent. Prefer diesel vans, they are economical, because they allow you to travel between 800 and 1000 km max with a full tank depending on the model.
Rent or buy a fitted van at VAN-IT
The VAN-IT company specializes in the sale and long or short term rental of fitted vans for individuals. Offering a unique concept for an unforgettable trip is the motto of the company. Its equipped vans allow you to have total freedom during your holidays: travel anywhere and at any time to discover many places and regions. Its converted vans are all also equipped with camping equipment. The simplest campervans, for example, have sleeping places for four people. The Volkswagen California VAN IT with its pop-up roof can accommodate a bed.
Regarding the equipment, the two gas cooking rings, an electric water pump and a sink allow you to cook like at home. Here are some options you can find in VAN IT vans:
● A stationary night heater;
● Camp tables and chairs;
● Solar shower and chemical toilet;
● an electric cooler;
● A refrigerator.
VAN IT offers you to rent a converted van, in just a few clicks on its website, for long stays or weekends. The company offers your choice of a wide range of rental vehicles, from the fitted van for two people or minivan, to the VW T4 fitted vans, through the latest Volkswagen California T6. The VAN IT company offers many options for renting a fitted van to make a trip adapted to your desires and needs, cheap, comfortable and practical, at the same time.
A regulary updated list of fitted vans is also available on the VAN IT website.