VAN-IT SARL specializes in the short and long term rental of fitted vans for individuals. The company VAN-IT is registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Créteil under the number B509.658.597, whose registered office is 21 Rue Massenet 94190 VILLENEUVE SAINT GEORGES – FRANCE, which publishes the websites www.van-it.fr and www.van-it.com.
These general conditions of use apply exclusively between our company VAN-IT SARL (hereinafter “VAN-IT”) and any person visiting or making a reservation on our website www.van-it.com or www.van-it.fr (hereinafter the “User”).
Article 1 – Acceptance of the general conditions
All reservations made through our site are subject to these general conditions of use as well as our general rental conditions.
VAN-IT reserves the right to modify these general conditions at any time without notice. In the event of modification, the applicable conditions will remain those in force on the day of the User’s reservation request.
The User declares to have read these general conditions of use of the site and our general rental conditions before confirming their reservation request. By clicking on the site on the “Confirm your request” button, the User accepts without reservation all of the general conditions of VAN-IT.
Article 2 – Rental rates
The applicable rental rates are those communicated by VAN-IT at the time of booking, and recalled on the rental contract. The prices displayed are indicated in euros all taxes included (French VAT and other applicable taxes where applicable). VAN-IT regularly updating its prices, reserves the right to modify its prices at any time.
As soon as the payment of the deposit has been made, the price of the rental of the vehicle is firm and guaranteed and will no longer be modifiable by VAN-IT, including in the case of a fluctuation in the rate of currencies. In fact, after payment of the deposit requested by VAN-IT when booking, the User cannot request a change in the price paid in the event of promotional offers offered by VAN-IT, after said payment.
The rental rates are specific to reservations made on the website www.van-it.fr or www.van-it.com and are calculated according to the information provided by the User when booking. Any subsequent modification of a reservation may result in a change in the rental price.
The rental price indicated on the site during the reservation request includes:
– A package for a number of days with unlimited mileage or with a mileage package (specified on the rental contract)
– compulsory insurance: third party / civil liability;
– additional insurance: theft and fire with deductible;
– local taxes (VAT);
– the options subscribed in the reservation request (GPS, reduction of deposit, second driver, etc.)
– the additional costs of picking up and returning the vehicle to a place other than the VAN-IT warehouse, if this option was taken out when booking;
This price does not include:
– options (GPS, bike rack, etc.) not subscribed at the time of booking;
– any mileage overruns;
– any costs for young driver(s), or additional driver(s) to be paid on the spot;
– the deposit to be paid by international bank card in the name of the main driver or by check, regardless of the additional insurance taken out;
– damage from glass breakage, tyres, roof, underbody/underbody and interior of the vehicle, optics (headlights, turn signals, etc.), mirrors, not covered by insurance:
– time overruns entailing a penalty set by VAN-IT in the amount of €45 including tax/hour, for any hour started and entailing additional invoicing;
– the amount of the deductible debited by VAN-IT in the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle with or without a known third party. – the amount of fines and other contraventions. The User/tenant remains solely responsible for fines, fines and reports established against him and also for any customs prosecution;
– any parking costs;
– Expert report costs.
The rental rates also exclude all other additional costs and additional options that are not mentioned in the booking confirmation sent by VAN-IT. These costs and options must be paid additionally by the User when taking charge of the vehicle.
Article 3 – Rental vehicles
Booking a vehicle on the site www.van-it.fr or www.van-it.com relates to a category of vehicle, it being specified that the preferences in terms of model depend on the availability at the time of rental. All vehicles presented on the website are only intended to illustrate the category selected. The User therefore always selects a category and not a designated vehicle.
The User can request the rental of a vehicle with or without decoration without supplement. VAN-IT will make every effort to satisfy the User’s request, but will not be held responsible if, due to a mechanical problem or any other problem, it cannot provide a vehicle with or without decoration. In this case, the User cannot claim any indemnity or compensation.
Article 4 – Terms of reservation
4.1. Online booking request
The User makes an online reservation request on the VAN-IT website, providing in particular his contact details, the type of vehicle desired, the rental dates, the places of pick-up and return, the desired options. The User then obtains a simulation and then confirms his request by clicking on the “Confirm your request” button.
4.2. Reservation confirmation
Upon receipt of a reservation request, the company VAN-IT after checking the availability of a vehicle, validates the reservation and it is then possible for the User to go to his order to pay a deposit of 30% the amount of the reservation. Reservations are only blocked once the deposit has been paid.
By validating his reservation and proceeding to the payment of the deposit, the User acknowledges that this act constitutes an irrevocable acceptance of the reservation and the general conditions of VAN-IT, and that the “click” of validation before payment constitutes a signature. electronic. This electronic signature has value between VAN-IT and the handwritten signature User.
4.3. Deposit payment methods
The User has different means of payment to pay the deposit requested by Van-IT when booking:
– by credit card (Visa, Eurocard, Mastercard, Carte bleue: SSL secure payment provided by the CIC bank.
The data relating to the User’s bank card number is encrypted from his computer and is thus transmitted encrypted directly to the banking operator, who decrypts it and manages the direct debit authorizations. Under no circumstances does VAN-IT have access to and retain information relating to Users’ bank cards.
By communicating his bank details, the User accepts in advance and unconditionally that VAN-IT proceeds with the secure transaction. The User therefore authorizes his bank to debit his account in view of the records or statements transmitted by the bank of VAN-IT even in the absence of an invoice signed by the hand of the cardholder.
Cards issued by banks domiciled outside France must be international bank cards.
– By bank check in Euros to the order of VAN-IT SARL: this must be issued by a bank domiciled in metropolitan France. The reservation will then be put on hold until receipt and cashing of the User’s deposit check and for a maximum of 7 working days. Beyond this period, the reservation request will be considered canceled.
The User must send his payment by mail, accompanied by the booking summary which he can print online on the Site using the link and access code provided by VAN-IT, to the following address: VAN-IT SARL , Payments Department, 21 Rue Massenet 94190 Villeneuve-Saint-Georges – FRANCE.
4.4. Reservation validation date
The date of validation of each reservation varies according to the mode of payment increased by the period of verification of the information provided by the User if necessary. As an indication, excluding the verification period, the date of validation of the User’s order will vary as follows:
– by credit card: upon validation of the payment of the deposit on the banking server of our partner bank
– by check: upon receipt and verification of the deposit check by the VAN-IT bank. The period can be extended up to 21 working days.
4.5. Vehicle support
A rental contract will be established between the User and VAN-IT on the day the vehicle is picked up.
The vehicle is delivered in working order with the normal accessories. It is subject to an inventory on departure and must be returned in the same condition as on departure. Failing this, the User must pay an amount corresponding to the cost of repairs.
Article 5 – Rental conditions
5.1. User/Tenant Terms
The User/renter to make a reservation on the Website must be at least 21 years old and have held the B permit (VL tourism) for at least 2 years. The User will be required to present at the signing of the rental contract a valid identity document, a valid valid permit and must hold a bank card (international for foreigners) in his name.
In case of non-presentation of these documents, VAN-IT reserves the right not to rent the vehicle. VAN-IT also reserves the right not to rent the vehicle when the vehicle is picked up if the User cannot justify having the minimum age required, and/or having in his possession a driving license valid, and/or not being able to pay the deposit. In any case, VAN-IT cannot be held responsible and will not grant any compensation.
If the User is between 21 and 25 years old, he will be subject to a “young driver” fee of €5 (five euros) per day.
A second driver can be subscribed only on the rental contract via a tariff supplement of 5€ (five euros) per day adjustable when the vehicle is picked up.
5.2. Reminder of the basic rules for renting a vehicle
The rental of a vehicle implies compliance with the general rental conditions of VAN-IT. However, it is important to remember that the User must respect a set of rules during the rental:
– The lessee must use the vehicle as a “good father” and in particular, without being in a state of excessive fatigue, under the influence of alcohol or narcotics or any other substance likely to affect driving in accordance with the provisions of the Highway Code. The lessee therefore undertakes to make prudent and normal use of the vehicle.
– The lessee must only allow the vehicle to be driven by drivers expressly authorized in the rental contract, on roads suitable for automobile traffic, without participation in competitions, rallies or any other competition of any kind whatsoever, as well as ‘for tests or preparations, nor to give driving lessons;
– The lessee undertakes not to use the vehicle for illicit purposes or other than those provided for by the manufacturer, not to overload the rented vehicle by transporting a number of passengers greater than that indicated on the registration document of the vehicle, nor to use the vehicle for the paid transport of passengers;
– The hirer undertakes not to transport goods or objects prohibited by the legislation in force in the country or countries where the vehicle is traveling during the rental, not to transport luggage on the roof of the vehicle;
– The Renter undertakes to keep the vehicle closed and locked, parked in a safe place when not in use and to keep the vehicle keys in a safe place. The Tenant also undertakes to remove and keep in a safe place any device such as GPS, car radio facade, etc., when the vehicle is unoccupied;
– The Tenant undertakes to use the correct type of fuel and check the level of oil and other liquids, to make the necessary upgrades if necessary and to check the tire pressure;
– The Tenant undertakes not to hide or remove the identification elements of VAN-IT.
It is also recalled that the tenant is entirely responsible for the vehicle as soon as the vehicle is taken over, that the rental is personal, non-transferable and is only possible on presentation of the booking confirmation and the necessary documents requested by VAN- IT when signing the rental contract.
5.3. Security deposit / Deposit
The tenant must leave the day of departure a security deposit of 2000 € by imprint of credit card or by check. A “Deposit reduction” option can be taken out online, reducing the security deposit to €500 instead of €2000 at an additional cost of €11 per day. This option also reduces the amount of costs that could be incurred in the event of glass breakage. For example, in the event of an impact on the windshield, the lessee is obliged to pay in full the costs relating to the repair or replacement of the windshield, according to an established estimate. With the Deposit Reduction Option, the tenant will only have to pay, for this type of incident, a lump sum of €150.
The deposit can not be used in any case for an extension of rental. This deposit will be paid by credit card or check in euros. It is possible that for any payment of the deposit by credit card, bank charges will be invoiced to you. These will in no case be supported by VAN-IT.
Article 6 – Duration and Extension of rental
The duration of the rental is that mentioned in the booking confirmation. The User undertakes to return the vehicle on the agreed date and time, under penalty of being charged €45/hour in the event of delay for any hour started.
If the User wishes to extend his rental, he must make an express request to VAN-IT, at least 72 hours in advance. If the extension is possible, the User must confirm his request for extension with the payment of the corresponding provision. Under no circumstances may the User extend his rental without the express agreement of VAN-IT.
The extension is contracted directly with VAN-IT. Also, the price of it is subject to the current public rates applied by VAN-IT.
In the event of an unauthorized extension, the User will be billed the aforementioned late penalties and will no longer be able to claim the benefit of compulsory and additional insurance.
Article 7 – Cancellation conditions – Refund
7.1. Terms of cancellation by the User
The User can cancel his reservation and obtain a refund according to the conditions below:
– If the cancellation request occurs more than 45 days before departure: the User can obtain a full refund of his deposit by VAN-IT
– If the cancellation request occurs between 45 and 30 days before departure: 50% of the sums paid will be retained by VAN-IT
– If the cancellation request occurs between 30 days and the departure date: the deposit paid will be fully retained by VAN-IT as compensation and the vehicle will be made available.
– If the User only wishes to shorten his rental, the unused days will not be refunded under any circumstances.
– If the User is late on the day of picking up the vehicle, he cannot claim any reduction in the rental price.
– In case of non-presentation of the User, the deposit paid will be fully retained by VAN-IT
In all cases, following a cancellation, an administrative fee of €30 will be retained on the deposit paid.
Any cancellation request must be made in writing to VAN-IT by email and confirmed by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt (or Fedex or UPS mail for foreigners) addressed to: VAN-IT SARL – Service Annulation – 21 Rue Massenet – 94190 Villeneuve Saint Georges – FRANCE.
7.2. Cancellation by VAN-IT
VAN-IT makes every effort to ensure that a vehicle of the requested category is available at the start of the rental for the User. However, if a delay in the rental should be noted due to a mechanical problem or for any other reason, and no solution could be immediately found, VAN-IT undertakes not to invoice the days lost and to refund, where applicable, to the User the overpayment on the deposit paid.
If the User wishes to cancel his reservation due to the delay in delivery or if VAN-IT is obliged to completely cancel the User’s reservation, the deposit will be fully refunded to him in this case.
Under no circumstances may the User claim damages for the delay in the delivery of a vehicle or for cancellation of the rental or immobilization in the case of repairs during the rental. VAN-IT cannot therefore be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by the User resulting from this cancellation.
In the event of cancellation of reservation in cases giving rise to the right to reimbursement, in accordance with these general conditions of use, reimbursement will be made within a maximum of 21 days following the date of cancellation at the convenience of VAN-IT either by credit card credit, either by transfer or by check addressed to the User’s name and to the address indicated when booking.
Article 8 – Liability
8.1. Obligation of means
VAN-IT has for all stages of access to the Site (Online reservation request, confirmation of request, transfer to the banking site for online payment, etc.) only an obligation of means. As such, VAN-IT cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience or damage inherent in the use of the Internet network, in particular and not limited to, in the event of a break in service, external intrusion, computer virus.
8.2. force majeure
VAN-IT cannot be held liable in the event of a breach of its contractual obligations due to a fortuitous event or a case of force majeure as defined by case law.
8.3 Inaccuracy of the information transmitted by the User
In case of incomplete address, wrong address, lack of information resulting in the delay of delivery of a vehicle or the impossibility of delivery, VAN-IT cannot be held responsible. In the event of a second delivery, VAN-IT reserves the right to claim from the User the costs corresponding to this second delivery.
8.4. Compliance with French legislation
The services offered on this Site comply with French legislation. Our responsibility can in no way be engaged in the event of non-compliance with the legislation of the country in which the User is located.
8.5. Third party content
By consulting the Site, the User may have access to one or more hypertext links pointing to third-party content from other sites. Under no circumstances will VAN-IT be held responsible for the content of these sites and therefore encourages the User to act with caution and consult their confidentiality and privacy policies before providing Personal Information on this or these sites.
8.6. Loss of reservation
The company VAN-IT can in no way be held responsible for any loss, damage or delay resulting from the loss or theft of the booking confirmation sent by email to the customer and/or the use of this document by a third.
8.7. Customer’s delay
It is the User’s responsibility to notify VAN-IT of any delays he may have when picking up the vehicle. The company VAN-IT can in no way be held responsible if it decides to rent out the rented vehicle without hearing from the User within two hours. The User may therefore under no circumstances claim any indemnity and/or compensation if, in the event of presentation, no vehicle could be available.
The User accepts that VAN-IT collects, processes and uses the personal information concerning him for the purposes referred to below.
In accordance with the regulations in force, this site has been declared to the CNIL (Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés) under number 1380813.
9.1. Collection of Users’ Personal Information
To be able to make a reservation request on the VAN-IT site, the User must complete an online form in which he must provide his name/first name and contact details. This information is necessary for the proper functioning of the VAN-IT service. The User is informed of the fact that a requested information is mandatory or optional. In the event of optional information, he retains the right not to provide this or this information.
In addition, VAN-IT may also automatically record certain information concerning the User, including data relating to his habits (IP address, connection data, etc.)
Finally, cookies are used on some of the pages of the site. Cookies are small files stored on the User’s hard drive which allow information to be memorized such as the visit time, the pages visited, etc. It is important to note that most of these cookies only last for the duration of the login session and are automatically deleted at the end of the session.
9.2. Use of Users’ Personal Information
The information collected is intended for the company VAN-IT and allows it to:
- Process reservation requests;
- Create a personal file concerning the User containing the correspondence sent (letters, emails, faxes, etc.);
- Maintain and update its customer file;
- Protect the VAN-IT company by detecting fraud and abuse on its site;
- Provide information to third parties carrying out an internal service on its behalf (logistics, postal mail, mailing, technical service, etc.). These service providers have access to the User’s personal information necessary for the performance of their services but are in no way authorized to use it for other purposes;
- Send its promotional offers and offer the User products likely to interest him if he wishes;
- Settle any dispute, any problem or to enforce its General Conditions of Use and Rental.
The User accepts that VAN-IT uses all of this data to produce statistics, to know his interests in order to improve his service, to improve his marketing and promotional efforts, to improve the content of his site and its offers.
9.3. Dissemination of Users’ personal information
VAN-IT does not sell or transfer Users’ personal information to third parties.
As previously indicated, the only cases of transfer of data to third parties are:
- The transmission of User data to service providers for the performance of their services performed solely on behalf of VAN-IT.
- The transmission of data to judicial authorities (including administrations) following a judicial requisition or official request, this due to an investigation into fraud, a traffic violation or any illegal activity which could see the responsibility of VAN-IT engaged.
- Transmission to insurance and experts in the event of accident, theft or any other damage.
9.4. Right of access, rectification and deletion of your Personal Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, the User has the right to access, modify, rectify and delete their personal data.
To exercise this right, simply send a letter to VAN-IT, 21 Rue Massenet 94190 Villeneuve-Saint-Georges – FRANCE.
Nevertheless, in the event of updating of its data, VAN-IT keeps the information initially provided for five years in order to prevent any risk of fraud or to enable it to comply with the regulations in force.
In addition, VAN-IT keeps in its systems certain information concerning the User in order to resolve any dispute, settle any problem, enforce its general conditions of use of the site and rental and comply with the regulations in force. Finally, in order to ensure data security, VAN-IT reserves the right to ask the User to prove his identity before granting his request.
Article 10. Intellectual Property
All elements of the Site are protected by copyright and trademark law and are the exclusive property of VAN-IT.
VAN-IT grants the User a limited license to access and use the Site for personal use only. Under no circumstances is the User authorized to download or modify all or part of this Site without our written authorization. The User may therefore under no circumstances use the content of the Site for professional purposes (photographs, descriptions, graphics, etc.).
The User who wishes to put a link to the VAN-IT Site on his personal site must imperatively request authorization from his services. The establishment of this link will in no way constitute an affiliation contract with the User. In all cases, the user agrees to remove said link if VAN-IT so requests.
Article 11. Entire Agreement
In the event that one of the clauses of these general conditions of use of the site becomes void as a result of a court decision or a change in regulations, this cannot in any way affect the validity of the other clauses of these conditions. general.
Article 12. Evidence
The data stored in the information system of the VAN-IT site can serve as proof of orders placed and may be produced in the context of any litigation. The data on computer or electronic media kept by VAN-IT constitute admissible and opposable evidence with the same probative force as any document which would be established, received or kept in writing.
Article 13. Legal notices – Notifications
Any complaint or notification must be sent in writing to:
Address: 21 Rue Massenet 94190 Villeneuve-Saint-Georges – FRANCE
Manager: Bernard Mazeyrie
RCS number: Creteil 509.658.597
Fax: +33 (0)9.58.78.02.97
Article 14. Applicable law – Competent jurisdiction
These general conditions of use are subject to French law.
Any disputes that may arise between VAN-IT and its Users will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.